Saturday, July 7, 2012

Review : OXY 5


I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the brand OXY right? The products are mainly for Acne Prone skin. As for OXY 5, it's a Acne Pimple Medication "cream" with 5% of Benzoyl Peroxide in it. Basically, Benzoyl peroxide works as a peeling agent. It increases skin turnover, clearing pores and reducing the bacterial count. 

What OXY5 claims to do : 
-Kills acne Bacteria on the skin and in the pores.
-Helps dry excessive oil and unclog pores.
-Prevent new pimples from forming.

What OXY5 did to my face :
-cleared most of my breakouts and whiteheads.
-Dried out my skin A LOT. (which isn't really good. recommended to apply more hydrating masks!)

The first time I ever used this product was a few years back I think. And I absolutely HATED it. I applied it on ONE of my pimple, and in the next morning, not only it didn't cure my pimple, it gave me another pimple right next to the one! I was really mad about it and went around ranting about how I absolutely HATE OXY. it's the worst product EVER. Told everyone NOT ever to get it. awful. awful. awful. 

But last month, my sister watched a video about how a guy cured his acne with OXY 5. And she told me to try it out. Few months back, I had really really awful acne. my face was constantly red. And I always get bad comments and questions about my face. URGH. I was really sad and my confidence level was reducing day by day. So, I tried it out (once more). I applied some (as in A LOT) on the area where I got break outs. (Remember this: That it's okay to get MORE break outs after trying out a new product! It may even be good news as it's clearing out your pores and bringing those awful stuffs out!) After a few days, I saw results! But later on... I got break outs again. and I was like. nope. Not gonna give up this time! So I continued to apply it. And my face is actually better right now! But, not only OXY 5 helped me with my break outs, there's this one product that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE got the job done too. (which I will do a review on SOON.)

BUT! Not everyone is suitable for Benzoyl Peroxide!!!! There are side effects! After my sis saw the good results on my face, she tried it out too. And... It BURNT her face! Like literally! Her face got darker and really red. She was in pain! But... ALL of the breakouts on her cheeks were absolutely GONE. Seriously GONE. and she is continuing applying OXY 5 on her face everyday because of the results she got. It's not really recommended to continue a product if it actually burnt your face or had side effects though. haha.

I prefer OXY 5 more than OXY 10. Because 10% of Benzoyl Peroxide might just harm and roughen your skin! >:(

You can get OXY at Mini Markets, Pharmacies, Tesco, Jusco, basically MOST places! It's so easay to get hand of! 
OXY 5 (10g) costs RM6.90 each!
OXY5 (25g) costs RM13.90 each!


This is the product. It's transparent after you've smoothen it out on your face. But I still recommend to apply it when you're staying home. It might leave some white residue. 

BEFORE and AFTER 
(different sides of faces. But the other side is the same as this one. so yeah.)


You know how when you get blemishes, pimples, breakouts, blah blah blah, (they're all the same anyways.) EVERYONE comments on it. Questions and questions NONE STOP. But when your face is getting better, no one gives good comments or compliments. Sigh. At least I feel a tad much better about myself. LOLLLLL. I prayed every night that my face would get better. Obviously, God heard my prayers and answered them! Hallelujah!

Hope this post helped! God Bless! Goooooood BYE!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Mind checking out my blog? (:
stxrlights.blogspot.com

Azn said...

How long have you been using that? I tried oxy product range;- face wash, powder lotion and moisturizer too for about a month and the result is very satisfying!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...