Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Chapter 3 ♡ The Startford Star

I had a great advantage in that I had lived in girl world all my life. My mom and I had talked about stuff pretty openly, so maybe I understood a little bit more than the average guy about how girls work. i wasn't afraif to talk to girls, hang out with girls, look at girls and well, you know, flirt with girls -- but I also had an idea of when not to talk to girls, hang out with girls, look at girls and flirt with girls.

Some guys ended up hurting girl's feelings or making her mad, because they were working too hard to look cool. Now me. My mom had drummed into my head the difference between confident and cocky. I tried to balance that by actually being a nice guy. A certain amount of success with the opposite sex comes down to the simple concept: don't be a jerk. You don't have to work hard at pretending you care about girl's feelings if you actually do care -- not just about girls, but about people in general. 

I think I learned from an early age that although I was smaller, I shouldn't pay attention to my size or let it stop me from going for something I knew I could achieve. I had nothing to prove to those guys, just as I have nothing to prove to the haters who try ti tear me down now. I'm not a fighter by nature, but, if I believe in something, I stand up for it. If somebody talked trash about my friends or my mom, I'd let them know that that was not cool. If somebody shoved me, I shoved back harder. :P

"Grandpa always told me...make the most of what you've got"

That's something you learn playing sports. You want to win. You play your heart out. If it goes your way -- joy! Winning feels great. If you lose, that sucks, and you have every right to feel bad,but you have to suck it up, be gracious, and go down the line, slapping hands with the other team, saying "Good game, good game, good game..."

"Grandpa told me, "You can lose without feeling like a losed. If you take the experience and learn from it, you're still coming out ahead of where you were before." 

JUSTIN IS THE BEST! :D LUV YA! :3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...